M Night’s “Split” is Finally what Fans have been Waiting For

Split M Night Shyamalan Review

 I’m gonna try my best to do this without spoilers, because no one wants an M. Night movie to be spoiled. I will begin this by saying, I have been a fan of Shyamalan for many years now. I’ve loved many of his movies, and probably hated quite a few more. That being said, Split is the movie that Shyamalan fans have been waiting for.

I’ll start this off by saying, Wow… because… Mind. Blown. And welcome back, M. Night. It took 19 years, but you've finally lived up to the reputation you built that long ago.

In case you don’t yet know the premise of this movie, three young girls are kidnapped by a man with 23 distinct personalities. And on that note – Well done, James McAvoy. That was a helluva job. Not many can pull that off. I found myself being almost moved to tears when the “9 year old” James McAvoy was frightened.

Without giving much away, the general storyline follows the three girls who are being held captive, and their quest to, of course, escape.

Overall, if you’ve been a fan of M. Night Shyalaman – watch it. And if you haven’t, it’s about time to start.

To quote my last review of a Shyalaman flick: “next time I’ll think twice before blindly watching a Shyamalan film without bothering to read reviews. Actually, that’s not true at all. When the next horror/thriller flick comes out with M. Night’s name on it, I know I’ll still do exactly the same thing: Excitedly go out of my way to watch it, despite what anyone says.”

So, that’s exactly what I did, and I am pleased to say that I don’t regret it one bit, and I can’t wait to watch it again. In fact, I can’t wait for the possibly upcoming sequel as well!

Distributed by: Universal Studios
Production Company: Blinding Edge Pictures, Blumhouse Productions
Director - Writer: M. Night Shyamalan
Cast: James McAvoy, Anya Taylor-Joy, Betty Buckley
Producers: Marc Bienstock, Jason Blum, M. Night Shyamalan   
Music: West Dylan Thordson, James Newton Howard

PG-13, 117 Minutes
Share on Google Plus

About Flame Rozario

0 comments:

Post a Comment