7 Christmas Classics to kickstart the Festive Season

Christmas is just around the corner. There are random pine trees standing where there would normally be no pine trees, and colourful lights twinkling in usually dark spaces. What does this all mean? It’s time to break out the Christmas movies!

Cozy sofa, hot chocolate with marshmallows, and random festive entertainment playing on the big screen… ahhhhhhhhhh. Here’s our list of Classic Christmas Films to get started with.

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Classic Christmas Movies - how the grinch stole christmas
Grinch don't need no pants. Image source: Universal Pictures.

This has been a personal favourite ever since its release on millennium year (gasp!! 17 years ago?? Seriously? Getting old……) Starring Jim Carrey, How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a loveable classic that the whole family can enjoy, and see if it doesn’t make your heart grow 3 sizes too!


2. It’s a Wonderful Life

christmas classics - its a wonderful life
Clarence <3
 An oldy goldy from long before I was born, It’s a Wonderful Life was the go-to film back when I was little and Christmas was full of magic. Did you ever wish you were never born? In “It’s a Wonderful Life,” our protagonist George Bailey embarks on a heartwarming adventure to see how the world would have been like if he didn’t exist. I haven’t watched that movie in decades, but I still remember the classic line: “Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings!”


3. Home Alone!!

home alone christmas classic movies
If that doesn't say Christmas cheer, I just don't know what does.
The two exclamation marks signify that the first 2 Home Alones are included in this list, but not the third one. I wasn’t allowed to watch this film when I was young because my mom said the kid had a bad attitude. Well, to be fair, he does! Haha. Anyway, I watched this movie for the first time in 2013 if I’m not mistaken, and it’s now a classic that we watch together as a family every year.


4. Die Hard

die hard - christmas classic movies
Let it snow let it snow let it snowwwww

Yes, yes, I know this is not a Christmas movie… but!! Anyone that’s a fan knows that the first 3 movies all take place at Christmas time and end with the same song: “oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is soooo delightful….” Despite being nearly 30 years old, Die Hard 1 is still an awesome-possum film. I think it will never get old!


5. A Christmas Carol (1984)

A christmas carol 1984 - christmas present
The Ghost of Christmas Present = Nightmares from my Childhood.

Well, what can I say? I like the old one better. A lovely mix of drama, horror, and the magic of Christmas! That “take hold of my robe” scene is still scary till today.


6. Krampus

krampus christmas movie
Yeah... this list escalated quickly.
 Okay, so we’re getting off topic from “classics.” Being just 2 years old, I don’t think Krampus has earned its place in this list… but! If you don’t have kids or don’t want to watch a movie with the whole family, but would prefer something creepy and sinister that happens to be set at Christmas time, then this movie is for you!


7. Dead End

Dead end christmas movie horror
Want to guess what they're looking at?
 Yeah well, if you’re gonna go off topic, you may as well go all the way. Besides, I haven’t yet had a chance to write about what may very well be my favourite horror movie. Dead End has all the elements of an actual nightmare. The endless road, the feeling of being trapped, the inability to call for help, and of course all the random weird shit that insists on happening. And the ending is a total mindfuck. In my defense for adding this to the list, it begins with a family driving to meet their relatives for Christmas.

So that’s my list of movies to kickstart the season with. Happy watching!
Share on Google Plus

About Flame Rozario

0 comments:

Post a Comment